Monday, February 14, 2011

Let's Face it Friday - Altered Card Storage (Peachy Keen)







This is a Cheezit box and a scrap piece of chipboard I had. I save a ton of cereal boxes and other chipboard items just to alter. I tore the box apart and covered it with pink paper and the lid was done with that wonderful blue paper. Then I put the box back together with the opening on the side.
Then cut a cream color paper 8 1/2 inches wide and 5 inches tall. I used the Martha Stewart loop punch all around this cream paper to create a doily like look. I then cut the Word LOVE from the Storybook Cricut Cartridge. It was cut at 2 inches. There was four different layers to these letters. I love this cartridge. The letters are so fancy.
I cut the flowers, leaves, hearts and circles from the Platin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge. The big flowers with hearts were cut at 2 inches and the inner layer flower was cut at 1 1/2 inches.
Hearts for the faces were cut at 1 inch.The smaller flowers with circle faces were cut at 1 1/2 inches. The circles were cut at.60 inches. The other flowers were 1". Then I just used stickles for the center of the rest of the 1 inch flowers.
The leaves were cut at 1 and 1 1/2 inches.
I used peachy keens PK- 506 Too Much Fun Faces 1/2" face stamps for the centers of the flowers. 3 pieces of double sided stick velcro is used to keep it shut. I plan to keep future Valentines day cards from my husband in here.

Rules:
THE CHALLENGE
Card Storage
Create an altered container using Peachy Keen Stamps faces to store Valentines or cards you receive throughout the year. Our Design Team used mini-mailboxes from the One Spot at Target, but feel free to spruce up any container you might have around the house!
  • Design must be new
  • Project must include Peachy Keen Faces
  • Link to Mr. Linky before February 17th

4 comments:

  1. great project, love those little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis came out great !i love the bright sping time colors! Thanks for playing with us at PKS LFIF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful!!! So much work, great job! TFS Cathryn67

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice craft. I may have to scrap-lift this one. I've been saving quite a few ceral boxes lately & didn't know what to do with them. TFS. Smooches... scrapperinthemaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete