Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Exercise Journal

   I like to keep track of how much I exercise and what I eat. It keeps me on track. There is something about writing it down that keeps me accountable. For the last two months I have been exercising and changing my diet. I have been writing it all down on a little note book but I decided I wanted a nicer notebook to keep track of  my success. So when I read about the Circle magazine challenge this month, I knew exactly what I wanted to make, Journals!!! 

Here are the rules:

Challenge Rules:

Please use at least 1 full Out of Character Image Cut including layers in your project.  Create any kind of project you would like and up load a working link or picture of your project to the blog under the Magazine Challenge tab. Entry deadline is July 29th. If you use Cricut Craft Room design tool, save your file so if you win, we can share it with the Circle members! The winner of this challenge will receive $200.00 credit to Cricut.com and you can enter as many times as you want! Rev up your machines and get crafty!!

Here is the first Journal: 




 I used yellow and red glitter for the word journal.

Below are some tips on how I put it together. 

 First you will need to pick up some Composition Notebooks. These are easy and cheap to find right now due to school supplies being stocked in the stores. I found some for 50 cents.  Then I grabbed some paper. I decided to print all mine from the Cricut Imagine cartridge Word Of Mouth. Then I glued it to the front of the book with some spray adhesive glue. I also put a solid sheet of paper on the back. The best way to cut the paper is after you adhere it. I placed it on a cutting mat a cut it with an exacto knife.
Just open up the book and run the blade along the edge.
 Here are the books with the paper adhered.

I then inked all the edges with a black / brown ink pad. Next I assembled all the cuts. 
You can see where I pop dotted the word Journal.
I also inked all the layers before I put them together. The glittered letters were all done before I pieced the image together also.I cut all the flags at the bottom by hand. They help balance out the cover. I used 3 red rhinestones at the bottom of the matted word journal to add some more sparkle. 
I like to use over sized kind of plain cuts to write info on. This was perfect. I inked all the edges with grey/brown ink.
I also used pop dots on the shoe.

I inked the edges of the shadow of the runner with yellow and red ink pads before I added the red glittered runner.

Here are all the Cricut cartridges and sizes of the images cut.

Out of Character = 
*Journal at 3.5inches
Pink Journey = 
*lady running at 4.5 inches
*Shoe at 2.5 inches
The shape used as a mat under the word journal is cut twice from shapes that come with the Imagine which is similar to the a cut you can find free on the Cricut Craft Room Basics digital cartridge available through Cricut Craft Room. It was cut at 4.5 inches.
I cut all the flags at the bottom by hand and inked them.
I also added a piece of blue and a piece of white ribbon.

I hope that someday my exercising will become a regular good habit but until then I have a fancy journal to keep me in check. Stay tuned folks I will be posting another journal real soon!  


Amy











5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Thanks for inspiring me to try Out of Character. It's been sitting on the shelf too long! Good luck, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this is just tooooo adorable. Love it. You've given me a nudge to use my Out of Character cart. :-) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this Amy! I may have to scraplift it!

    Di&Co

    ReplyDelete